Events: Singles, Doubles, and Mixed Doubles
SEE BRACKETS ABOVE!
Check in: 1 HOUR PRIOR TO START OF MATCH
Surprise Community Park Pickleball Courts
15930 N Bullard Avenue, Surprise, AZ. 85374
Restrooms: Yes Phones: ($) Water: Yes
1. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
2. Competitors must provide their own paddles. Balls will be provided.
3. Age divisions are as follows: 50–54, 55–59, 60–64, 65–69, 70-74, 75–79, 80–84, 85- etc.
For Singles age will be determined by age as of December 31, 2012.
In Doubles and Mixed Doubles age will be determined by the age of the youngest player as of December 31, 2012.
1. Tournament format will be double elimination play with the first person/team to win 2 out of 3 games; each games is played to 11, win by 2.
2. Awards will be presented to 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division. 1st through 3rd will receive medals, 4th through 8th will receive ribbons.
3. ASO has the right to change the tournament format depending on entry numbers, space restrictions or other circumstances.
1. Current USA Pickleball Association rules will apply except as modified herein. For copy of the rules write or visit:
USA Pickelball Association, PO Box 7354, Surprise, AZ 85374
2. Athletes must wear proper court shoes – no black sole shoes allowed on the court area.
1. All first, second, and third place winners at this tournament will qualify for the 2013 National Senior Games to be held in Cleveland, Ohio in August 2013.
2. Athletes must qualify in each Pickleball event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete in the 2013 National Senior Games except when NSGA Rule E applies.
Rule E. Doubles partners who qualify together are not required to play together at the 2013 Summer National Senior Games. All participants must have qualified for the sport in which they intend to participate, with one partner having qualified in the event in which they intend to participate. The NSGA and LOC will not assign partners at the Games.
Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
Athletes whose partners are unable to compete may be replaced after the official registration deadline for valid medical reasons only. Determining valid change requests are at the discretion of the NSGA and may be made after the registration deadline. The new partner must have qualified in the sport they wish to enter, at a qualifying state game.